Meet Laura Fontenot, ACRW, CPRW.
Laura Fontenot is an award-winning, published, and certified resume writer with 15+ years of experience in crafting modern and targeted resumes, LinkedIn profiles, bios, and more for thousands of professionals looking for the next step in their careers. She is based out of North Texas but assists clients from all around the world.
She holds Academy Certified Resume Writer (ACRW) and Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW) certifications as well as a M.S. in Management Information Sciences and a B.S. in Economics from the University of Texas at Dallas.
Her resumes and other documents have been featured in several industry-leading resume writing books.
Contact her today for more information!
My Credentials and Qualifications
- ACRW: Academy Certified Resume Writer
- CPRW: Certified Professional Resume Writer
- NRWA: National Resume Writers’ Association
- PARW/CC: Professional Association of Resume Writers & Career Coaches
- CTL: Career Thought Leaders
- RWA: Resume Writing Academy
- 2 TORI Awards: 1st Place Cover Letter, 3rd Place New Grad (Toast of the Resume Industry)
- 2 TORI Nominations: Top 5 Senior-Level/Executive Healthcare Resume, Top 5 Creative Resume (Toast of the Resume Industry)
- Quoted Resume Writer: “What Is Creative Thinking? Definition and Examples,” published by Zoe Kaplan at The Forage (August 2022)
- Author: “How to Write a Great HR Cover Letter,” published by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) (May 2022)
- Featured Resume Writer: Women & Executive Leadership: A Guide for Women & Their Allies, published by BlueSteps (March 2022)
- Featured Resume Writer & Featured Resume: “Modernize Your Resume, 2nd Edition” by Wendy Enelow and Louise Kursmark (January 2019)
- Participant in Doctoral Study: “Resume Formats from a Practitioner’s Perspective,” by Meg Barnes. (July 2018)
- Featured Small Business Owner: “Meet Laura Fontenot of Masterwork Resumes in Plano,” in VoyageDallas online magazine (July 2017)
- Quoted in Vault.com Article: “The Biggest Mistake You’re Making on LinkedIn.” (April 2016)
- Featured Resume Writer & Featured Cover Letters: “Modernize Your Job Search Letters,” by Wendy Enelow and Louise Kursmark (November 2016)
- Featured Resume Writer & Featured Resume: “Modernize Your Resume,” by Wendy Enelow and Louise Kursmark (December 2015)
- Featured Resume Writer & Featured Resume: “Guide to Writing Your Executive Resume,” eBook by Marie Zimenoff and Career Thought Leaders / Resume Writing Academy (December 2015)
- Author, Book Review: “Zoom: Surprising Ways to Supercharge Your Career.” Career Planning and Adult Development Journal, Volume 31, Number 1 (Spring 2015)
- Author, Book Review: “Transforming Generic Resumes and Cover Letters to Laser-Focused Career Communications.” Career Planning and Adult Development Journal, Volume 30, Number 2 (Summer 2014)
- Think Tank Resume Expert: Career Thought Leaders White Paper 2013 (Global Career Brainstorming Day 2013)
- Think Tank Resume Expert: Career Thought Leaders White Paper 2012 (Global Career Brainstorming Day 2012)
- Quoted Resume Writer: Moms Work Happy Online Magazine: “5 Quick Tips to Refresh Your LinkedIn Profile.”
- Featured Resume Expert: AboutInterviews.com Article : “Resume Tips for College Students.”